Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Car Has Arrived!


With the perfect combination of poor fuel mileage and style how could you not want to drive a Ford Fusion? This was the car they told me I couldn't get... after I had already bought it. I don't know how you sell someone a car that is already sold (must have been quite a good salesman). Don't worry, with some enlarged veins and legal jargon my father was able to set them straight and I am getting additional features free of charge (which is fortunate for me and Caden as Tarena will now have rear-park assist). All I'm saying is it will be a little more difficult for Tarena to prove that she "accidently" backed over me several times.

To all of those concerned I have not yet spent a night on the couch, I was intelligent enough to make sure I had a second bedroom when I bought my condo. Oh and before I forget Tarena left the cap off the toothpaste this morning... and she'll never hear about it (unless she keeps reading my blog), if only I could experience such mercy.

Writing a blog has its ups and downs. First I appreciate the feedback and the stories that relate to my posts. One downside is the threats. Erin has already suggested that throwing rock hard toothpaste tubes at me is a good idea. I'm scared every time I brush now. Another interesting development is the addition of a creeper named "carebear." to my blog. I would suggest you lock your doors when you start reading my blog or always have someone with you. She has also stated that she likes McDonalds so I would avoid getting your McNugget fix this week. I have alerted the authorities and "carebear." will be found.
-Matt

9 comments:

Mike J said...

Don't forget about the $200+ for each tire every 50000 km if you want to stay on the road (you can buy these cheap hockey pucks for $150 each if you want). Twice as much per tire, half the range. Grrr...

I notice that I am not on your blogrole yet. Tsk tsk.

carebear.* said...

HOW MANY MORE CLUES DO YOU NEED?!
ITS CAROL!

wow, way to make me feel like a total intense creeper, nice job Matt very nice job!

Anonymous said...

I see we drive the same car, welcome to the crappy car club!

Anonymous said...

Further to that mine came with a bag in the trunk. At first I thought it was a piece of garbage from the detailers but now I suspect it's to put over your head while driving.

Blogtron said...

What don't you like about the fusion, mines the v6 awd automatic with all the bells and whistles.

Anonymous said...

Basically the low quality of it. The interior is cheaply made and in time starts to rattle. The A/C fan starts to squeak after about 17,000 kms and the service techs whom the Ford dealers employ are generally incompetent. At first I thought that was limited to just Calgary because of the labour shortage but out here it is no different. Additionally it's slow and the styling is mediocre at best. What I do like is that is it dirt cheap, $325 a month which is why I got allowing me to easily save up for something good. What is hilarious is that at its rate of depreciation when my lease is up I can buy it back from the dealership for less than what I will owe on the car at the end of the term. So giving it back to Ford, which I intend to do, screws them a bit. The problem is that a lot of the fusions are assembled in Mexico unlike their F150 which are mostly made in Detroit so the quality is not the same.

Mike J said...

"The interior is cheaply made and in time starts to rattle. "

My car does that too. Sometimes, when its about 15 degrees out, the sunroof likes to let me know that it isn't quite seated right. That and depending on the temperature, my dashboard rattles a bit with bass.

That's life. Oh well. The interior details of the lower price domestics generally leave something to be desired.

The car might feel because its a porker (3,325), like the cars in that class. The bigger engine helps a bit with that. If you want to feel better about that, read this comment about the G6: "Yet the G6 GT's other claims to fame—strong brakes and a 12-valve V-6 creating 240 pound-feet of torque in a fat and flat curve—are undermined by the sort of heft that Oprah would chastise: 3569 pounds." That's hilarious.

What do you have against cars built in Mexico? You're never gonna let that go...

And matt, why aren't you blogging? I'm losing faith in you!

Mike J said...

That would be "feel SLOW."

Anonymous said...

I guess if engine noise translated into horsepower I'd be happy as the car would be a rocket!