Monday, September 29, 2008

For Freedom!


Good morning,

I really appreciated the comment left by Andrew on my last blog; it reminded me that we (men) are not alone in this struggle. Though women get together and share their struggles and support each other on a regular basis; men (at least most that I know) internalize their struggles and deal with it in private (because we have tact!). This puts me (and I'm sure other men) at a large disadvantage in most arguments. When I take a stand on an issue I'm reminded of all the people that agree with Tarena. "Well, you know your whole family agrees with me."

But men are not without their defence mechanisms. You see a man does not shake in his boots at this remark; in fact the idea of the whole world rallying in arms to crush him emboldens him. Now the battle is more interesting and the stakes much higher, I must stand my ground at all costs. Perhaps we (men) play too many video games or watch too many movies where one man must stand against a vast number of foes and prevail. I feel much like King Leonidus now (minus the six-pack) against Tarena and her Persian army, it doesn't matter if I'm right or wrong, for FREEDOM!

That being said I don't think you can ever win a fight against a woman. Unlike men they don't know how to 'forgive and forget', rest assured you will hear about your shortcomings again (sometimes years later!). Keep in mind that even with all his heroic might King Leonidus ended up being impaled by several thousand arrows (which is how I feel after Tarena is done with me).

-Matt

6 comments:

Mike J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
carebear.* said...

shouldn't you be working?

carebear.* said...

i lied, it was only 9:18 am.

Anonymous said...

In regards to winning and loosing there are a couple schools of thought. Again, to call upon the wisdom of Homer Simpson "It's not about winning or loosing but how drunk you get". However, that generally leads to disaster (not because I've tried...) I am also subject to the "everyone agrees with me about you" mentality but I don't recall that it was said that "your" family, as in mine, also agrees, but again, it might have been said and I wasn't paying attention... :) I do hope that you couch is quite comfortable as I get the impression you might be seeing a lot of it lately.

Blogtron said...

Who are you carebear!

carebear.* said...

a creeper! ... who likes mcdonalds =)